Our surgeons present at Royal Australasian College of Surgeons Meeting in Kuala Lumpur
Dr Kylie Snook, A/Prof Andrew Spillane, Dr Cindy Mak and Dr April Wong present at RACS Annual Scientific Congress in Malaysia in May 2012.
Dr Kylie Snook, Consultant Breast Surgeon was the Co-Convener of the Breast Surgery Program at the ASC. She was also Chair of two sessions:
- The pursuit of quality of life in surgical practice
- Evolving concepts in sentinel lymph node biopsy
A/Prof Andrew Spillane, Professor of Surgical Oncology, presented original research on the following topics:
- Tissue expanders and radiotherapy
- Peritumoural versus subareolar injection – is there a difference?
- Inguinal or Ilio-inguinal dissection for metastatic melanoma in groin lymph nodes – a randomised trial is still required
He also participated in a debate titled ‘Internal mammary node biopsy is more trouble than it’s worth’ and Chaired two other sessions.
Dr Cindy Mak, Consultant Breast Surgeon was Convener of the Women in Surgery program. She also participated in a debate about surgical margins in breast cancer surgery.
Dr April Wong, Fellow in Surgical Oncology, presented two research projects.
- Towards higher breast reconstruction rates for mastectomy patients (Abstract Breast Reconstruction Abstract_ASC 2012)
- Patent blue v dye: friend or foe? (Abstract Patent Blue V Dye Abstract ASC 2012)