Nursing Duty Statement
REGISTERED NURSE/DATA MANAGER/RESEARCH NURSE
Breast & Surgical Oncology at The Poche Centre.
Breast & Surgical Oncology (BSO) at The Poche Centre is a multidisciplinary cancer diagnosis and treatment practice specialising in breast cancer, melanoma and soft tissue tumours. Our practice is strongly committed to research and offers clinical trials for breast cancer and melanoma patients through the Patricia Ritchie Centre for Cancer Care and Research at the Mater Hospital and the Melanoma Institute of Australia. In addition, we are all involved in cooperative research and audit to ensure that we continue to provide a high standard of care to our patients. We are seeking a registered nurse with training or experience in breast cancer nursing who is interested in research to join our friendly team.
The BSO is a busy metropolitan breast service responsible for the management of many hundreds of patients with breast disease each year. This position involves assisting with the nursing management of breast cancer patients, coordinating a number of trials related to breast cancer patients and maintaining the breast cancer clinical data base for the two principal surgeons in the practice. This role would suit a registered nurse who is interested in research and would like to work regular hours. Experience/training in breast cancer nursing would be highly regarded.
- Located in North Sydney
- Permanent 0.8 FTE role
- Remuneration according to experience and expertise.
- Perform dressings, removal of drain tubes, sutures etc. as required.
Clinical trials duties:
- Prepare draft documentation for St Vincent’s and Mater Hospitals Human Research Ethics Committee
- Liaise with principal investigators to ensure all are familiar with the trial protocol and their role within the trial
- Create appropriate patient information and data management forms and spread sheets
- Assist surgeons with the recruitment of patients to the study
- Provide support to participants in the study
- Administer surveys to the participants at the appropriate intervals
- Record and track all data
- Follow up late or missing data
- Compile regular reports on progress data
- Liaise with principal investigators re final reporting.
Other related duties:
- Enter patients’ clinical and surgical data into the BreastSurgANZ Quality Audit database.
- Current registered nurse certification
- Familiarity with Microsoft Office computer programs
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Interest in research
- Ability to work in a team environment.
- Training/experience in breast care nursing
- Experience with data management
- Experience with clinical trials
Your application should include:
1. A cover letter explaining both your interest in the position and your experience in relation to the selection criteria.
2. A copy of your resume.
3. A copy of your practising nursing certificate and evidence of grade/year.
4. Details of two referees.
Dr Kathy Flitcroft
Phone: 9911 7312
Send applications (via email or post) to:
Dr Kathy Flitcroft
Suite 2, The Poche Centre
40 Rocklands Rd
North Sydney, NSW, 2060.