A/Prof Andrew Spillane is President of BreastSurgANZ
A/Prof Spillane took on the Presidency of BreastSurgANZ in May 2014. He has previously held the position of Vice President and he was the Founding Secretary/Treasurer when the Society was established in 2010.
BreastSurgANZ (Breast Surgeons of Australia and New Zealand) is the peak body representing surgeons treating breast cancer in Australia and New Zealand. BreastSurgANZ members manage about 90% of early breast cancer cases in Australasia.
A/Prof Spillane’s goals as President include
- promoting the growth of oncoplastic breast surgery
- improving educational opportunities to training breast surgeons and members
- reviewing Medicare item numbers relating to breast cancer treatment, breast reconstruction and oncoplastic surgery
- improving services to its members
- ensuring the continuation of the BreastSurgANZ Quality Audit
A/Prof Spillane will hold the position of President for a 3-year term.
For more information, see the BreastSurgAnz website.