Data Manager- Duty Statement
DATA MANAGER, Breast & Surgical Oncology at The Poche Centre.
Breast & Surgical Oncology (BSO) at The Poche Centre is a multidisciplinary cancer diagnosis and treatment practice specialising in breast cancer, melanoma and soft tissue tumours. Our practice is strongly committed to research and offers clinical trials for breast cancer and melanoma patients through the Patricia Ritchie Centre for Cancer Care and Research at the Mater Hospital and the Melanoma Institute of Australia. In addition, we are all involved in cooperative research and audit to ensure that we continue to provide a high standard of care to our patients. We are seeking an experienced clinical data manager to join our friendly team.
This position primarily involves coordinating a number of trials related to breast cancer and maintaining a breast cancer audit data base. The work is varied and provides the opportunity for you to further develop your research skills in a supportive office environment. Training and supervision will be provided.
- Located in North Sydney
- Permanent 0.8 FTE role, with normal office hours
- Remuneration according to experience and expertise.
- Prepare draft documentation for St Vincent’s and Mater Hospitals Human Research Ethics Committee
- Liaise with principal investigators to ensure all are familiar with the trial protocol and their role within the trial
- Create appropriate patient information and data management forms and spread sheets
- Assist surgeons with the recruitment of patients to clinical trials
- Provide support to participants in the study
- Administer surveys to the participants at the appropriate intervals
- Record and track all data
- Follow up late or missing data
- Compile regular reports on progress data
- Liaise with principal investigators re final reporting.
- Enter patients’ clinical and surgical data into the BreastSurgANZ Quality Audit database.
- Excellent time management and prioritisation skills
- Experience in data entry
- Familiarity with Microsoft Office computer programs
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Interest in research, particularly breast cancer research
- Ability to work in a team environment.
- Experience with clinical trials management
- Experience with cancer patients, particularly those with breast cancer
- Registered nursing qualifications would be highly regarded
Your application must include:
1. A cover letter explaining both your interest in the position and your experience in relation to the selection criteria.
2. A copy of your resume, including contact details of two referees.
NOTE: Applications submitted through the SEEK website that do not include the above information will not be considered.
5pm Monday 31 October 2016.
Dr Kathy Flitcroft
Phone: 9911 7312
Send applications (via email) to:
Dr Kathy Flitcroft
Suite 2, The Poche Centre
40 Rocklands Rd
North Sydney, NSW, 2060.